You are at: Planned Giving > Gift Options > How to Give > IRA Rollover
Make a Gift From My IRA
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older, you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Flowchart: Donor directs IRA custodian to make an IRA charitable rollover gift to Morningside.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
- May satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of our organization
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose
Gifts from your IRA
If you are 70½ or older, you can use your IRA to fulfill your charitable goals. You can use the "Make a Gift From My IRA" tool to contact your IRA custodian and make a qualified charitable distribution. We will acknowledge your generous gifts as a qualified charitable distribution, which may satisfy your RMD, if applicable.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Your message has been sent.